MailHog vs testmail.app: What are the differences?
What is MailHog? Web and API based SMTP testing. It is an email testing tool for developers. You can configure your application to use MailHog for SMTP delivery. You can view messages in the web UI, or retrieve them with the JSON API.
What is testmail.app? Automate end-to-end email tests. It automates end-to-end email tests with a powerful GraphQL API and unlimited private email addresses and inboxes, test new user signups, transactional emails, drip campaigns, deliverability, spam scores, etc.
MailHog and testmail.app can be primarily classified as "Email Testing" tools.
Some of the features offered by MailHog are:
- ESMTP server implementing RFC5321
- Support for SMTP AUTH (RFC4954) and PIPELINING (RFC2920)
- Web interface to view messages (plain text, HTML or source)
On the other hand, testmail.app provides the following key features:
- Unlimited email addresses and inboxes
- GraphQL API with interactive GraphQL Playground
- Live queries (API waits to receive email before responding)
MailHog is an open source tool with 5.94K GitHub stars and 411 GitHub forks. Here's a link to MailHog's open source repository on GitHub.