Transifex vs WebTranslateIt: What are the differences?
What is Transifex? GitHub for Translation. Transifex is a cloud-based localization platform built to help you manage the translation and localization of your app, website, video subtitles, and more. It acts as a repository for your content (think GitHub for translation) and includes tools for developers to get that content into Transifex automatically. Transifex also provides translators a web interface to submit translations.
What is WebTranslateIt? A simple way to translate software. WebTranslateIt combines translation management and software translation in one easy-to-use platform.
Transifex and WebTranslateIt belong to "Translation Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Transifex are:
- Command-line tool: A Git-like command line tool that lets developers manage translations within a project without an elaborate UI system. They can use the command-line client to create new resources, map locale files to translations, and synchronize their Transifex project with local files and vice versa
- Order translations: Get professional-quality translations in 33 languages
- Reports: See a list of users who have contributed to your projects along with the number of new and edited words each one has translated
On the other hand, WebTranslateIt provides the following key features:
- Manage all your language files and assign translators to a language in one place.
- Update your translation files whenever you need to
- Visualize the work progress in real-time