What is Transifex?
Transifex is a cloud-based localization platform built to help you manage the translation and localization of your app, website, video subtitles, and more. It acts as a repository for your content (think GitHub for translation) and includes tools for developers to get that content into Transifex automatically. Transifex also provides translators a web interface to submit translations.
Transifex is a tool in the Translation Service category of a tech stack.
Who uses Transifex?
42 companies reportedly use Transifex in their tech stacks, including reddit, Coursera, and Disqus.
18 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Transifex.
Why developers like Transifex?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Transifex
- Command-line tool: A Git-like command line tool that lets developers manage translations within a project without an elaborate UI system. They can use the command-line client to create new resources, map locale files to translations, and synchronize their Transifex project with local files and vice versa
- Order translations: Get professional-quality translations in 33 languages
- Reports: See a list of users who have contributed to your projects along with the number of new and edited words each one has translated
- REST API: Automate your workflow and integrate Transifex with existing tools, such as Jenkins
- Translation Memory (TM): A feature that leverages similar, already-translated strings as suggested translations for untranslated content
- Webhooks: Get notified and pull translations whenever the translation for a file is completed or fully reviewed, without having to constantly check for updates
- Web Translation Editor: Allows translators to translate content and and reviewers to review translations in an interface accessible from the browser
Transifex Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Transifex?
See all alternatives
Crowdin is a localization management platform with all the features you need for agile localization. Get your app, game, web app, software and on fast and seamlessly translated into more than 300 languages.
Translation management solution for web and mobile applications. Collaborate with your team, find professional translators and stay on top of the process.
Smartling takes the complexity, cost and time out of the translation process by providing companies with an automated, cloud-based translation management platform and comprehensive translation services.
OneSky provides a powerful cloud-based translation management system (TMS) that streamlines the entire translation management process for mobile apps, websites and documents. OneSky offers professional translation services and application testing solutions in 60+ languages. Over 3,000 companies have used OneSky to expand their global presence.
POEditor is a software localization management tool, perfect for collaborative or crowdsourced translation projects. Translate websites, apps, games and more!