What is Weblate?
Weblate is a libre software web-based continuous localization system used by over 1150+ opensource projects & companies in over 115+ countries around the World.
Weblate is a tool in the Translation Service category of a tech stack.
Weblate is an open source tool with 1.6K GitHub stars and 430 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Weblate's open source repository on GitHub
Google Analytics, GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab, and Sentry are some of the popular tools that integrate with Weblate. Here's a list of all 7 tools that integrate with Weblate.
Why developers like Weblate?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Weblate
- Continuous localization - connect to your VCS repository and bring translators closer to the development
- Quality checks - ensure the translations meet your quality requirements
- 20+ file formats - gettext, Xliff, JSON, Android, iOS, RESX and much more
- Glossary - built in glossary to ensure consistent terminology within a translation
- Machine translation - use third party machine translation services to bootstrap your translation
- Translation memory - built in translation memory to speed up localization process
- REST API and cli - integrate with your workflow or third party services
Weblate Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Weblate?
See all alternatives
Transifex is a cloud-based localization platform built to help you manage the translation and localization of your app, website, video subtitles, and more. It acts as a repository for your content (think GitHub for translation) and includes tools for developers to get that content into Transifex automatically. Transifex also provides translators a web interface to submit translations.
Translation management solution for web and mobile applications. Collaborate with your team, find professional translators and stay on top of the process.
Crowdin is a localization management platform with all the features you need for agile localization. Get your app, game, web app, software and on fast and seamlessly translated into more than 300 languages.
OneSky provides a powerful cloud-based translation management system (TMS) that streamlines the entire translation management process for mobile apps, websites and documents. OneSky offers professional translation services and application testing solutions in 60+ languages. Over 3,000 companies have used OneSky to expand their global presence.
Localization is long and meticulous. We’ve simplified the process, helping you translate your website in minutes and go global today.