Crowdin vs Transifex: What are the differences?
What is Crowdin? Localization Management Platform. Crowdin is a localization management platform with all the features you need for agile localization. Get your app, game, web app, software and on fast and seamlessly translated into more than 300 languages.
What is Transifex? GitHub for Translation. Transifex is a cloud-based localization platform built to help you manage the translation and localization of your app, website, video subtitles, and more. It acts as a repository for your content (think GitHub for translation) and includes tools for developers to get that content into Transifex automatically. Transifex also provides translators a web interface to submit translations.
Crowdin and Transifex can be primarily classified as "Translation Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Crowdin are:
- Translation Memory - no need to translate the same strings again
- Glossary - keep your project terminology consistent
- Screenshots - provide context to get relevant translations
On the other hand, Transifex provides the following key features:
- Command-line tool: A Git-like command line tool that lets developers manage translations within a project without an elaborate UI system. They can use the command-line client to create new resources, map locale files to translations, and synchronize their Transifex project with local files and vice versa
- Order translations: Get professional-quality translations in 33 languages
- Reports: See a list of users who have contributed to your projects along with the number of new and edited words each one has translated