Transifex vs Tran.sl : What are the differences?
Transifex: GitHub for Translation. Transifex is a cloud-based localization platform built to help you manage the translation and localization of your app, website, video subtitles, and more. It acts as a repository for your content (think GitHub for translation) and includes tools for developers to get that content into Transifex automatically. Transifex also provides translators a web interface to submit translations; Tran.sl : Human powered translation. Real time marketplace of translation services. We help companies make their products global by translating their software, social media and user generated content. Social media localization, document translation, software localization, API.
Transifex and Tran.sl belong to "Translation Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Transifex are:
- Command-line tool: A Git-like command line tool that lets developers manage translations within a project without an elaborate UI system. They can use the command-line client to create new resources, map locale files to translations, and synchronize their Transifex project with local files and vice versa
- Order translations: Get professional-quality translations in 33 languages
- Reports: See a list of users who have contributed to your projects along with the number of new and edited words each one has translated
On the other hand, Tran.sl provides the following key features:
- We offer localization of content on social media beyond the English speaking world. You can keep tweeting in English and we will post your tweets in Chinese in Sina Weibo and in Russian in VKontact for you.
- We import doc,docx,odt,pdf and txt documents. Once translated you can download a document in the same format. We take care to preserve the original layout and formatting.
- We can import your PO, Android XML or Java properties files. You can upload upgrades of the files and we will take care of merging the changes. Then you can download your files in the same format you sent it, in JSON or in PO, even if the translation is still not fully completed.