Vim-Plug vs Vundle: What are the differences?
What is Vim-Plug? A minimalist Vim plugin manager. A minimalist Vim plugin manager.
What is Vundle? The plug-in manager for Vim. Vundle is short for Vim bundle and is a Vim plugin manager.
Vim-Plug and Vundle can be primarily classified as "Tools for Text Editors" tools.
Some of the features offered by Vim-Plug are:
- Easier to setup: Single file. No boilerplate code required.
- Easier to use: Concise, intuitive syntax
- Super-fast parallel installation/update (requires +ruby)
On the other hand, Vundle provides the following key features:
- keep track of and configure your plugins right in the .vimrc
- install configured plugins (a.k.a. scripts/bundle)
- update configured plugins
Vim-Plug and Vundle are both open source tools. Vundle with 20K GitHub stars and 2.28K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Vim-Plug with 15.2K GitHub stars and 683 GitHub forks.