What is Unreal Engine and what are its top alternatives?
Top Alternatives to Unreal Engine
Unity is the ultimate game development platform. Use Unity to build high-quality 3D and 2D games, deploy them across mobile, desktop, VR/AR, consoles or the Web, and connect with loyal and enthusiastic players and customers. ...
It is the free and open source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, even video editing and game creation. ...
It is an advanced, feature-packed, multi-platform 2D and 3D open source game engine. It is developed by hundreds of contributors from all around the world. ...
It is a free open source HTML5 game framework. It uses Pixi.js for WebGL and Canvas rendering across desktop and mobile web browsers. Games can be compiled to iOS and Android apps via 3rd party tools. ...
Cocos2d-x is an open-source and cross-platform open source free 2D game engine for mobile game development known for its speed, stability, and ease of use ...
It is a cross-platform set of Python modules designed for writing video games. It includes computer graphics and sound libraries designed to be used with the Python programming language. ...
Unreal Engine alternatives & related posts
- Because it's a powerful engine, you can build anything10
- C# language9
- Very Popular7
- He Has A Free VErsion4
- Easy to Use4
- Good Choise3
- 2nd Game Engine In The World2
- Cross Platform2
- Very Large Showcase2
- Clunky UI4
- Closed source4
- Hard to get started with3
- No consistency with updates3
- Requires to build a lot of tools3
- Gigantic by being 9gb (thats what setup says)2
related Unity posts
- It's open source7
- Free for Commercial and Personal Use5
- Usable For Graphic Design3
- Dozens of free addons, courses and an active community2
- Not popular (yet!)3
- Long Render Time (every 3d program ever)2
- Confusing UI and shortcut navigation for newcomers1
- Blender dropped the game engine, see UPBGE1
related Blender posts
- Open source6
- Easy to port4
- Supports both C++, C# and GDScript2
- Very Popular in Reddit1
- GDScript is Based On Python1
- Avaible on Steam For Free1
- Need opengl 2.1 / 3.31
- Performance in 3D1
- Somewhat poor 3D performance and lacks automatic LODs1
related Godot posts
- No GUI3
related Phaser posts
- Popular only in Asia2
- Based on Chinese2
- No Multiple Languages1
- Not Popular in itch.io and in Steam1
- Very poor system1
- No GUI1
- Bad Windows Performance1
related Cocos2D-X posts
- Easy to install2
- Lightweigt by only being 12 mb1
- Has only 2d2