Why people like
Ant is a Java-based build tool. In theory, it is kind of like Make, without Make's wrinkles and with the full portability of pure Java code.
- The most complete Java build and deployment tool available.
- Platform neutral and can handle platform specific properties such as file separators
- Can be used to perform platform specific tasks such as modifying the modified time of a file using 'touch' command
- Scripts are written using plain XML. If you are already familiar with XML, you can learn pretty quickly
- Automate complicated repetitive tasks
- Interface to develop custom tasks
- Can be easily invoked from the command line and it can integrate with free and commercial IDEs
Build, Test, Deploy
tools that are known for: