What is Backtrace?
It is the first debugging platform built for enterprise-grade software. It improves system availability, software quality and team efficiency by bringing automation to incident detection, response and resolution. The debugging platform automatically snapshots faulting applications and their surrounding environments then, analyzes and archives them in a centralized object store so bugs don't get missed and get fixed faster.
Backtrace is a tool in the Exception Monitoring category of a tech stack.
Backtrace is an open source tool with GitHub stars and GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Backtrace's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Backtrace?
12 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Backtrace.
GitHub, Slack, Jira, Datadog, and PagerDuty are some of the popular tools that integrate with Backtrace. Here's a list of all 6 tools that integrate with Backtrace.
- Automated capture, notification, and analysis of software errors for SREs/Ops and Developers
- Automated analysis crawls application state + code to give you a head start on root cause analysis
- Captures a rich data set which includes stacktrace across all threads, reachable variables, system information and much more
- Includes support for C/C++
- Powerful customizable graphs, visualizations, queries
- Custom grouping and classification
- Workflow Integration into Slack, HipChat, GitHub, JIRA, etc
- Completely extensible crash format and debugger
- Orders of magnitudes faster than today's debuggers
Backtrace Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Backtrace?
See all alternatives
Sentry’s Application Monitoring platform helps developers see performance issues, fix errors faster, and optimize their code health.
Production error monitoring and reporting for web applications. TrackJS provides deep insights into real user errors. See the user, network, and application events that tell the story of an error so you can actually fix them.
Rollbar is the leading continuous code improvement platform that proactively discovers, predicts, and remediates errors with real-time AI-assisted workflows. With Rollbar, developers continually improve their code and constantly innovate ra
Bugsnag captures errors from your web, mobile and back-end applications, providing instant visibility into user impact. Diagnostic data and tools are included to help your team prioritize, debug and fix exceptions fast.
Airbrake collects errors for your applications in all major languages and frameworks. We alert you to new errors and give you critical context, trends and details needed to find and fix errors fast.