Grouparoo vs Alation: What are the differences?
Grouparoo: Open-source app to sync customer data with 3rd party tools. It is an open-source data infrastructure to keep customer data in-sync between your data warehouse and 3rd party tools; Alation: Enterprise Data Catalog & Data Governance. The leader in collaborative data cataloging, it empowers analysts & information stewards to search, query & collaborate for fast and accurate insights.
Grouparoo and Alation can be primarily classified as "Analytics Integrator" tools.
Some of the features offered by Grouparoo are:
- Run it on your computer today or install it on your company’s servers. Your data stays private on your servers. No usage or storage limits
- Pull data from trusted sources like data warehouses instead of instrumenting Event streams
- Marketing, Sales, Customer Support and other teams are trying new tools all the time. Instead of building and maintaining all of these integrations, add our pre-built connectors
On the other hand, Alation provides the following key features:
- Data Catalog
- Automatically indexes your data by source
- Automatically gathers knowledge about your data