Amazon Redshift vs Treasure Data: What are the differences?
Amazon Redshift: Fast, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service. Redshift makes it simple and cost-effective to efficiently analyze all your data using your existing business intelligence tools. It is optimized for datasets ranging from a few hundred gigabytes to a petabyte or more and costs less than $1,000 per terabyte per year, a tenth the cost of most traditional data warehousing solutions; Treasure Data: Flexible data analytics infrastructure as a service. Treasure Data's Big Data as-a-Service cloud platform enables data-driven businesses to focus their precious development resources on their applications, not on mundane, time-consuming integration and operational tasks. The Treasure Data Cloud Data Warehouse service offers an affordable, quick-to-implement and easy-to-use big data option that does not require specialized IT resources, making big data analytics available to the mass market.
Amazon Redshift and Treasure Data belong to "Big Data as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Amazon Redshift are:
- Optimized for Data Warehousing- It uses columnar storage, data compression, and zone maps to reduce the amount of IO needed to perform queries. Redshift has a massively parallel processing (MPP) architecture, parallelizing and distributing SQL operations to take advantage of all available resources.
- Scalable- With a few clicks of the AWS Management Console or a simple API call, you can easily scale the number of nodes in your data warehouse up or down as your performance or capacity needs change.
- No Up-Front Costs- You pay only for the resources you provision. You can choose On-Demand pricing with no up-front costs or long-term commitments, or obtain significantly discounted rates with Reserved Instance pricing.
On the other hand, Treasure Data provides the following key features:
- Instant Integration- Using td-agent, you can start importing your data from existing log files, web and packaged applications right away.
- Streaming or Batch?- You choose! Our data collection tool, td-agent, enables you to stream or batch your data to the cloud in JSON format.
- Secure Upload- The connection between td-agent and the cloud is SSL-encrypted, ensuring secure transfer of your data.
What is Amazon Redshift?
What is Treasure Data?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What are the cons of using Amazon Redshift?
What are the cons of using Treasure Data?
What tools integrate with Amazon Redshift?
Aggressive archiving of historical data to keep the production database as small as possible. Using our in-house soon-to-be-open-sourced ETL library, SharpShifter.