Apiary vs StopLight: What are the differences?
Developers describe Apiary as "Integrated API documentation, prototyping and testing". It takes more than a simple HTML page to thrill your API users. The right tools take weeks of development. Weeks that apiary.io saves. On the other hand, StopLight is detailed as "Visual API Tooling". Stop writing thousands of lines of specification code. Our intuitive visual editors significantly cut down on design time, and are spec agnostic. Generate OAI (Swagger) and RAML specification code on demand.
Apiary and StopLight are primarily classified as "Documentation as a Service &" and "API" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Apiary are:
- Documentation- Organized around resources, code samples with syntax highlight, easy to explore.
- Inspector- Users can make API calls through apiary.io, we show them how they differ from documentation.
- Community- Opensource your API documentation on GitHub. The right channel between developers on both side of the API.
On the other hand, StopLight provides the following key features:
- Powerful API modeling tools
- Robust HTTP request maker
- One click hosted documentation
"Easy to use" is the top reason why over 25 developers like Apiary, while over 8 developers mention "Intuitive UX" as the leading cause for choosing StopLight.