Apigee vs Layers: What are the differences?
Apigee: Intelligent and complete API platform. API management, design, analytics, and security are at the heart of modern digital architecture. The Apigee intelligent API platform is a complete solution for moving business to the digital world; Layers: A simple WordPress site builder. Layers is a WordPress Theme framework focused on extending the WordPress core functionality to include layout building through the WordPress Visual Customizer. A lightweight set of base options, widgets and theme templates provide a user-friendly, extensible tool for creating beautiful, WordPress-faithful websites.
Apigee and Layers are primarily classified as "API" and "Self-Hosted Blogging / CMS" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Apigee are:
- Design, secure, analyze, and scale your APIs with the Apigee Edge API management platform.
- Predictive analytics to ensure intelligent and customized interactions.
- Connect devices to the Internet, and enable partners and developers to access device functionality and data with APIs.
On the other hand, Layers provides the following key features:
- Preset layouts allow you to get a head start without the intimidation of a big blank canvas
- Create robust, responsive designs that look incredible on mobile phones and tablets
- Integration with WooCommerce means you can start selling right out of the box
Layers is an open source tool with 10 GitHub stars and 7 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Layers's open source repository on GitHub.