Appsmith vs Backand: What are the differences?
Appsmith: Open source alternative to Retool. It is an open source framework to build internal tools. The low code project comes with UI widgets like tables, charts, forms, map viewer, and more. Easily connect to REST APIs, Postgres, Mongo, and MySQL. Invite users and allow login with Google accounts; Backand: Backend-as-a-Service for AngularJS and Ionic. Backand is a powerful backend-as-a-service for AngularJS that provides out-of-the-box social login, push notifications, Ionic integration and much more.
Appsmith and Backand can be categorized as "Low Code Platforms" tools.
Some of the features offered by Appsmith are:
- Deploy Appsmith on your servers in 5 minutes
- Drag & drop, resize and style widgets without HTML / CSS
- Query & update your database directly from the UI. Connect to PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, REST & GraphQL APIs
On the other hand, Backand provides the following key features:
- Data Storage: Work with JSON models, complex as you like, and let Backand add or edit the data for you.
- REST API for any Database: Backand automatically generates a REST API for any database, including MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server.
- Advanced Data Models: Backand lets you create sophisticated data models with a single click, including parent-child relationships, many-to-many.