AWS CodeStar vs Domino: What are the differences?
What is AWS CodeStar? Quickly Develop, Build, and Deploy Applications on AWS. Start new software projects on AWS in minutes using templates for web applications, web services and more.
What is Domino? A PaaS for data science - easily run R, Python or Matlab code in the cloud with automatic version control for data, code, and results. Use our cloud-hosted infrastructure to securely run your code on powerful hardware with a single command — without any changes to your code. If you have your own infrastructure, our Enterprise offering provides powerful, easy-to-use cluster management functionality behind your firewall.
AWS CodeStar and Domino can be categorized as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by AWS CodeStar are:
- Start developing on AWS in minutes
- Manage software delivery in one place
- Work across your team securely
On the other hand, Domino provides the following key features:
- Domino Cloud supports the most powerful data analysis languages — Python, R, MATLAB, and Julia
- Modern and powerful cluster management
- Use a single-core machine during development