AWS CodeStar vs octohost: What are the differences?
AWS CodeStar: Quickly Develop, Build, and Deploy Applications on AWS. Start new software projects on AWS in minutes using templates for web applications, web services and more; octohost: Simple web focused Dockerfile based PaaS server. octohost helps you host any web site by adding a Dockerfile to your app's source repository.
AWS CodeStar and octohost belong to "Platform as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by AWS CodeStar are:
- Start developing on AWS in minutes
- Manage software delivery in one place
- Work across your team securely
On the other hand, octohost provides the following key features:
- Uses Dockerfiles rather than Procfiles
- More than 10 languages supported already, and many frameworks
- Support for Amazon, Digital Ocean, Rackspace
octohost is an open source tool with 444 GitHub stars and 32 GitHub forks. Here's a link to octohost's open source repository on GitHub.