AWS Device Farm vs BrowserStack: What are the differences?
Developers describe AWS Device Farm as "Test your app on real devices in the AWS Cloud". Run tests across a large selection of physical devices in parallel from various manufacturers with varying hardware, OS versions and form factors. On the other hand, BrowserStack is detailed as "Instant access to a lab of 1000+ real mobile and desktop browsers for testing". Live, Web-Based Browser Testing Instant access to all real mobile and desktop browsers. Say goodbye to your lab of devices and virtual machines.
AWS Device Farm can be classified as a tool in the "Load and Performance Testing" category, while BrowserStack is grouped under "Browser Testing".
Some of the features offered by AWS Device Farm are:
- Test on the same devices your customers use
- Fix issues faster and delight your users
- Simulate real-world environments
On the other hand, BrowserStack provides the following key features:
- Real Device Cloud. Test on a range of physical Android and iOS mobile devices and tablets for the most accurate results
- 1100+ desktop browsers. Latest versions of IE, Edge, Safari, Chrome, Firefox and more on a range of Windows and OS X platforms on a robust cloud infrastructure
- Test dev environments. Our Local Testing feature allows you to test development and internal websites seamlessly, without setup or configuration
According to the StackShare community, BrowserStack has a broader approval, being mentioned in 577 company stacks & 238 developers stacks; compared to AWS Device Farm, which is listed in 5 company stacks and 3 developer stacks.
What is AWS Device Farm?
What is BrowserStack?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose AWS Device Farm?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using AWS Device Farm?
What are the cons of using BrowserStack?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
It's incredible how much this service has increased my productivity when it comes to testing new features in multiple browsers. And not only multiple browsers, multiple operating systems as well! And really LOVE that you can run it locally.
We only really need this for IE support
We use BrowserStack to run end to end tests with Selenium on our dashboard. It runs automatically before every deployment and cancels it if anything is out of place.
BrowserStack is used by our development and support teams during QA and to try and reproduce bugs.
Manually and automatically test our web and mobile apps.