Azure Websites vs Flynn: What are the differences?
Azure Websites: Deploy and scale modern websites and web apps in seconds. Azure Websites is a fully managed Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that enables you to build, deploy and scale enterprise-grade web Apps in seconds. Focus on your application code, and let Azure take care of the infrastructure to scale and securely run it for you; Flynn: Next generation open source platform as a service. Flynn lets you deploy apps with git push and containers. Developers can deploy any app to any cluster in seconds.
Azure Websites and Flynn belong to "Platform as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Azure Websites are:
- .NET, Java, PHP, Node.js, Python
- Built-in AutoScale and Load Balancing
- High Availability with Auto-Patching
On the other hand, Flynn provides the following key features:
- Flynn goes beyond 12 factor apps. Run any Linux process written in any language or framework, even stateful apps on your own servers or any public cloud.
- Scaling or adding a new cluster is simple: just add more nodes. Everything is containerized, Flynn takes care of distributing work across the cluster.
- Flynn is 100% free and open source. Flynn works great out of the box, and since Flynn is modular and API-driven it's easy to modify and swap components to suit your needs.
"Ease of deployment" is the primary reason why developers consider Azure Websites over the competitors, whereas "Free" was stated as the key factor in picking Flynn.
Flynn is an open source tool with 7.24K GitHub stars and 534 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Flynn's open source repository on GitHub.
What is Azure Websites?
What is Flynn?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What are the cons of using Azure Websites?
What are the cons of using Flynn?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
We use Azure's Websites to host our app and site. Continuous deployment from GitHub is the handiest feature, check in and before you know it your updated site is already online.
Azure WebSites is the fully managed scalable platform for hosting web content and running background jobs.