Backendless vs Fanout: What are the differences?
What is Fanout? Realtime APIs made simple. Fanout makes it easy to build realtime APIs and apps. The product is a cross between a reverse proxy and a message broker. Receivers subscribe to channels, and published data is delivered in realtime.
Backendless and Fanout belong to "Realtime Backend / API" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Backendless are:
- Provides intuitive APIs for handling user registration, login and session management
- Supports object persistence with complex hierarchies
- Delivers push notifications to iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices
On the other hand, Fanout provides the following key features:
- Reverse proxy -- integrate realtime with any level of your technology stack, not just your front end.
- Interoperable -- Add realtime to any API, no matter your backend or database, without changing any of your existing API contracts.
- Open -- cloud or self hosted, it’s up to you. We don’t believe in vendor lock-in.