Bitcasa vs Google Drive: What are the differences?
What is Bitcasa? Your External Hard Drive in the Cloud. Your personal cloud storage platform. Simple, private & secure, as much space as you need, for all your devices.
What is Google Drive? Integrate your app with Google Drive. The Drive SDK gives you a group of APIs along with client libraries, language-specific examples, and documentation to help you develop apps that integrate with Drive The core functionality of Drive apps is to download and upload files in Google Drive. However, the Drive SDK provides a lot more than just storage..
Bitcasa and Google Drive can be primarily classified as "File Storage" tools.
Some of the features offered by Bitcasa are:
- Your data is yours alone. - Your files are encrypted before they leave your computer, meaning only you can see the contents.
- Store once, access anywhere. - Have a movie you want to watch, but can’t find the right movie player? Bitcasa can play it, including on your mobile phone.
- Bitcasa never runs out of space. - Rather than just “syncing” your files between computers, Bitcasa is like an external hard drive that you can access anywhere.
On the other hand, Google Drive provides the following key features:
- Create & collaborate.- In Google Drive, you can create new documents, spreadsheets and presentations instantly. Work together at the same time, on the same doc, and see changes as they appear.
- Work better with the products you use everyday.- Say goodbye to bulky email attachments. Send a link from Google Drive in Gmail and everyone has the same file, same version—automatically. Your pictures in Google Drive are instantly available in Google+, so you’re never more than one click away from sharing with your circles.
- Powerful search.- Google Drive helps you get to your files faster. Search for content by keyword and filter by file type, owner and more. Google Drive can even recognize objects in your images and text in scanned documents.