prismic.io vs Box Platform: What are the differences?
prismic.io: Keep your content in a content repository that you can query via its simple REST API. prismic.io is a web software you can use to manage content in any kind of website or app API-driven, it is the easiest way to integrate your content with no technology or design constraint. It is also the easiest way for content writers to edit, preview and plan updates.; Box Platform: Bring Cloud Content Management to your apps. It is a separate line of business, which offers APIs for customers creating their own applications.
prismic.io and Box Platform belong to "Cloud Content Management System" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by prismic.io are:
- REST, JSON or HTML, effective API browser, thorough documentation, all amazingly easy to use.
- Get your project up and running in seconds. Nothing to install.
- Your content is API-based, you can inject it easily into new platforms and sites.
On the other hand, Box Platform provides the following key features:
- Content - Manage content and data, including folders, files, users, comments, and tasks, with persistent ID's for every object
- Metadata - Customizable name-value pairs you can associate with any file. Context to make content more meaningful
- Security - Fine-grained permissions, FINRA and HIPAA compliance, 256-bit AES encryption, audit trails, and more
What is Box Platform?
What is prismic.io?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Box Platform?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Box Platform?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
I made several PHP websites with prismic.io, I enjoyed the flexibility of custom content types, content components that can be reused to compose a layout, simple docs and reactive dev support. Finally, editors are all happy with the backend UI, the ability to preview from the backend or edit content from the website ; and they feel safe with the changes history and ability to rollback to any version of a content piece.