Cashew vs GitHub Notifier: What are the differences?
Developers describe Cashew as "A simple Github issues macOS client". A simple, fast, and elegant app to manage your Github Issues. On the other hand, GitHub Notifier is detailed as "Chrome notifications for GitHub (open source)". Under the hood, this application simply polls GitHub web endpoints (/pulls|/issues|/releases) of projects you specify, it doesn't require OAuth tokens or credentials entering into the extension.
Cashew and GitHub Notifier can be categorized as "Tools for GitHub" tools.
Some of the features offered by Cashew are:
- GitHub.com and GitHub Enterprise support.
- Ability to view issue details, assign to users, add labels, attach milestone, comment on issues and much more.
- Ability to save common search queries for quick access.
On the other hand, GitHub Notifier provides the following key features:
- Supports public and private repositories
- Desktop notifications when a new pull request is raised
- Desktop notifications when a new issue is raised
GitHub Notifier is an open source tool with 42 GitHub stars and 10 GitHub forks. Here's a link to GitHub Notifier's open source repository on GitHub.