Code Spotter vs Coverity Scan: What are the differences?
What is Code Spotter? Cloud-based Static Code Analysis for Java. Boolean satisfiability. Interprocedural data flow. Statistical analysis. We’ve got them all. Plus false path pruning, which understands the data dependencies in your code and eliminates infeasible paths from the analysis so you don’t waste time triaging non issues.
What is Coverity Scan? Find and fix defects in your Java, C/C++ or C# open source project for free. Coverity's implementation of static analysis can follow all the possible paths of execution through source code (including interprocedurally) and find defects and vulnerabilities caused by the conjunction of statements that are not errors independent of each other.
Code Spotter and Coverity Scan can be primarily classified as "Code Review" tools.
Some of the features offered by Code Spotter are:
- Accurate Java source code analysis
- Easy to understand results
- Uncover issues faster with deep source code analysis – find that needle in the haystack.
On the other hand, Coverity Scan provides the following key features:
- Test every line of code and potential execution path.
- The root cause of each defect is clearly explained, making it easy to fix bugs
- Integrates with GitHub and Travis CI