Code Spotter vs Phabricator: What are the differences?
What is Code Spotter? Cloud-based Static Code Analysis for Java. Boolean satisfiability. Interprocedural data flow. Statistical analysis. We’ve got them all. Plus false path pruning, which understands the data dependencies in your code and eliminates infeasible paths from the analysis so you don’t waste time triaging non issues.
What is Phabricator? Open Source, Software Development Platform. Phabricator is a collection of open source web applications that help software companies build better software.
Code Spotter and Phabricator can be primarily classified as "Code Review" tools.
Some of the features offered by Code Spotter are:
- Accurate Java source code analysis
- Easy to understand results
- Uncover issues faster with deep source code analysis – find that needle in the haystack.
On the other hand, Phabricator provides the following key features:
- reviewing code before it hits master
- auditing code after it hits master
- hosting Git/Hg/SVN repositories