Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Gerrit Code Review vs Phabricator: What are the differences?
What is Gerrit Code Review? OpenSource Git Code Review Tool. Gerrit is a self-hosted pre-commit code review tool. It serves as a Git hosting server with option to comment incoming changes. It is highly configurable and extensible with default guarding policies, webhooks, project access control and more.
What is Phabricator? Open Source, Software Development Platform. Phabricator is a collection of open source web applications that help software companies build better software.
Gerrit Code Review and Phabricator can be primarily classified as "Code Review" tools.
Some of the features offered by Gerrit Code Review are:
- git repository hosting
- pre-commit code review
- commenting on diffs
On the other hand, Phabricator provides the following key features:
- reviewing code before it hits master
- auditing code after it hits master
- hosting Git/Hg/SVN repositories
"Code review" is the primary reason why developers consider Gerrit Code Review over the competitors, whereas "Open Source" was stated as the key factor in picking Phabricator.
Facebook, Dropbox, and Coursera are some of the popular companies that use Phabricator, whereas Gerrit Code Review is used by Citrix, Midokura, and Wonga.com. Phabricator has a broader approval, being mentioned in 52 company stacks & 12 developers stacks; compared to Gerrit Code Review, which is listed in 11 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.
Pros of Gerrit Code Review
- Code review13
- Good workflow11
- Cleaner repository story10
- Open source9
- Good integration with Jenkins9
- Unlimited repo support5
- Comparison dashboard2
Pros of Phabricator
- Open Source33
- Code Review29
- Supports Git/Hg/SVN25
- Bug Tracking18
- Audit Source Code17
- Unlimited Repo Support11
- Software Engineering Platform10
- Super fast task creation10
- Flexible Project Management9
- Project Management8
- Self hosted5
- Building Better Software4
- Best Integration with Gitlab2
- Complete set for collaborating on software development2
- Powerful, Complete, Fast, Reliable and Open Source1
- Straightforward code review process1
- Very effective system, does all PM & code org needed1