Drupal vs Episerver: What are the differences?
What is Drupal? Free, Open, Modular CMS written in PHP. Drupal is an open source content management platform powering millions of websites and applications. It’s built, used, and supported by an active and diverse community of people around the world.
What is Episerver? The only platform that puts Digital Content, Commerce and Marketing in one screen. It is a global software company offering web content management, digital commerce, and digital marketing, through the Episerver Digital Experience Cloud software platform.
Drupal and Episerver belong to "Self-Hosted Blogging / CMS" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Drupal are:
- Categorize with taxonomy, automatically create friendly path urls, create custom lists, associate content with other content on your site, and create smart defaults for content creators
- Manage content with an easy-to-use web interface. Drupal's flexibility handles countless content types including video, text, blog, podcasts, and polls with robust user management, menu handling, real-time statistics and optional revision control.
- Users can be assigned one or more roles, and each role can be set up with fine-grained permissions allowing users view and create only what the administrator permits.
On the other hand, Episerver provides the following key features:
- Benefits for digital marketing
- Benefits for digital commerce
- Platform benefits
What is Drupal?
What is Episerver?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Episerver?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Drupal?
What are the cons of using Episerver?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
I am not a developer, however Drupal provided me with almost all the modules that i needed to create complex, responsive and fast websites with front-end and proper admin interfaces.
Most critical part of Drupal is the compression, caching and other performance details in the core, this makes site perform faster just while we get started.
As the app's CMS and CRM.
It is being used in a headless state and is completely decoupled from the frontend; only serving it's content to the AngularJS framework via a RESTful API.
Built a number of sites and web apps. Rapid development make for happy customers. Crazy development workflows make developers unhappy.
We are specialized in designing, building and running Drupal based web solutions