DryDock vs HockeyApp: What are the differences?
Developers describe DryDock as "DryDock enables rapid-deployment of internal product releases on demand while remaining on a supported internal update track". DryDock is an open source iOS application that we built at Venmo to manage and install all of our internal builds, allow employees to download new experimental apps at any time and to easily share builds designed for a broader audience with their friends. On the other hand, HockeyApp is detailed as "Manage your betas and collect live crash reports for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and OS X apps". HockeyApp is the best way to collect live crash reports, get feedback from your users, distribute your betas, and analyze your test coverage.
DryDock and HockeyApp can be primarily classified as "Beta Testing / Mobile App Distribution" tools.
Some of the features offered by DryDock are:
- Rapidly share builds
- Install any version of the your app that you've ever released to the App Store.
- DryDock is built on the Parse backend to make it really simple (and free) for anybody to host their own version of DryDock.
On the other hand, HockeyApp provides the following key features:
- Crash Reports- HockeyApp offers the most reliable and complete crash reporting for beta and App Store versions using open source frameworks. Providing full server-side symbolication with class names, methods, line numbers, and automatic grouping of similar crash reports.
- Feedback- HockeyApp allows you to communicate with your customers. Users can create a support request, post an idea, or discuss a problem right from within the app.
- Distribution- Upload your beta versions to HockeyApp and distribute them to your beta testers. Integrate our open-source SDK and your app will automatically be able to detect updates and offer the updates right within the app.Analytics- By integrating our SDK into your app, you'll get advanced metrics to get a better overview of the testing for your app. See which devices were tested, which testers used the app for how long, and which language was tested.
DryDock is an open source tool with 450 GitHub stars and 38 GitHub forks. Here's a link to DryDock's open source repository on GitHub.
What is DryDock?
What is HockeyApp?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose DryDock?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using DryDock?
What are the cons of using HockeyApp?
What companies use DryDock?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
This project has been deprecated and will no longer be supported by Venmo.