Envoyer vs octohost: What are the differences?
Envoyer: A brand new way to deploy PHP and Laravel applications with zero downtime. Envoyer deploys your PHP applications with zero downtime. Just push your code, and let Envoyer deliver your application to one or many servers without interrupting a single customer. In this series, we'll discuss each feature of Envoyer, demonstrating how to use them with a sample project; octohost: Simple web focused Dockerfile based PaaS server. octohost helps you host any web site by adding a Dockerfile to your app's source repository.
Envoyer and octohost belong to "Platform as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Envoyer are:
- GitHub / Bitbucket Integration
- Seamless Deployment Rollbacks
- Deploy To Multiple Servers
On the other hand, octohost provides the following key features:
- Uses Dockerfiles rather than Procfiles
- More than 10 languages supported already, and many frameworks
- Support for Amazon, Digital Ocean, Rackspace
octohost is an open source tool with 444 GitHub stars and 32 GitHub forks. Here's a link to octohost's open source repository on GitHub.