Found Elasticsearch vs Swiftype: What are the differences?
Developers describe Found Elasticsearch as "Hosted Elasticsearch". Create your own fully managed and hosted Elasticsearch cluster. You get a dedicated cluster with reserved memory, giving you predictable performance. There are no arbitrary limits on how many indexes or documents you can store. Scale your clusters as and when needed, without any downtime. On the other hand, Swiftype is detailed as "Powerful and scalable search for any application or website". Swiftype is the easiest way to add great search to your website or mobile application.
Found Elasticsearch and Swiftype can be categorized as "Search as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Found Elasticsearch are:
- Hosted and managed: You get your own fully hosted and managed Elasticsearch cluster. No need to host and maintain your own costly search infrastructure.
- Reserved Memory and storage: Your clusters get reserved memory and storage. No shared clusters and no arbitrary limits on how many indexes or documents you can store.
- Scalable and flexible: Start small, grow big. You can scale your cluster as and when needed, without any downtime. There are several Elasticsearch versions to choose from, and upgrading is easier than ever.
On the other hand, Swiftype provides the following key features:
- Autocomplete- our search engines come with autocomplete built-in
- Detailed Analytics- Our built-in search analytics give you real-time insight into what your users are looking for.
What is Found Elasticsearch?
What is Swiftype?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Found Elasticsearch?
What are the cons of using Found Elasticsearch?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Found Elasticsearch?
We use found.no to host our elasticsearch index for ninya.io.
When we were looking for an elasticsearch provider we compared a couple of different services. One thing that we considered as a big advantage over other elasticsearch provider is the simple pricing. Most other elasticsearch provider use document limits whereas found.no uses storage quota which makes more sense to us.
found.no supports all elasticsearch features and has been very reliable for us. They also have an amazing customer support that helped us to resole issues (on our end) quickly when we didn't know how to help ourselves.
Getting started with found.no was a piece of cake. There's everything you need right at your dashboard. They even generate examples for exactly your account which is really helpful to get newcomers started.
For everything else there is great documentation right on there website. I'd also like to recommend their blog that is full of technical articles not necessarily scoped to their service but also elasticsearch in general.
We integrated the swiftype technology into our website. Initial setup was super easy and the service has been amazing so far. Swiftype dashboard offers many services to help you understand and optimize the search experience for your users. I highly recommend Swiftype to any website or app that needs an easy to setup, powerful and reliable search solution. The sales and the support team are amazing! Tip, if you want to try out the system, ask for Lucy Yu. She is amazing and walking you through the process!