Framer vs Squarespace: What are the differences?
Framer can be classified as a tool in the "Mobile Prototyping & Interaction Design Tools" category, while Squarespace is grouped under "Website Builder".
Some of the features offered by Framer are:
- Generate assets out of Photoshop to set up new projects.
- Animate any layer in 3D space with spring physics and bezier curves.
- Hardware accelerated for high frame rates, based on CSS transforms.
On the other hand, Squarespace provides the following key features:
- SELL ANYTHING- Easily add a store to any Squarespace website and start selling physical and digital goods immediately.
- PAINLESS STORE MANAGEMENT- Manage your inventory, process customer orders, print packing slips, and customize emails all in one intuitive interface.
- BUILD BETTER PAGES WITH LAYOUTENGINE- LayoutEngine technology gives you the freedom to create visually rich pages with any configuration of text, images, products, and content blocks. Simply drag and drop your content exactly where you want and we'll automatically align them in a perfect grid.
"Great for prototyping" is the top reason why over 11 developers like Framer, while over 32 developers mention "Easy setup" as the leading cause for choosing Squarespace.
Framer is an open source tool with 5.45K GitHub stars and 506 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Framer's open source repository on GitHub.
According to the StackShare community, Squarespace has a broader approval, being mentioned in 419 company stacks & 23 developers stacks; compared to Framer, which is listed in 27 company stacks and 12 developer stacks.