Framer vs UXPin: What are the differences?
Framer and UXPin are primarily classified as "Mobile Prototyping & Interaction Design" and "Wireframing" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Framer are:
- Generate assets out of Photoshop to set up new projects.
- Animate any layer in 3D space with spring physics and bezier curves.
- Hardware accelerated for high frame rates, based on CSS transforms.
On the other hand, UXPin provides the following key features:
- Create Responsive Design Wireframes and Prototypes
- Real-Time Collaborative Design, Editing & Chat
- Easily Shareable Online & Offline Previews
"Great for prototyping" is the primary reason why developers consider Framer over the competitors, whereas "Semantic UI support" was stated as the key factor in picking UXPin.
Framer is an open source tool with 5.45K GitHub stars and 506 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Framer's open source repository on GitHub.
Facebook, Dropbox, and Twitter are some of the popular companies that use Framer, whereas UXPin is used by Salesforce, Yahoo!, and Rollbar. Framer has a broader approval, being mentioned in 27 company stacks & 12 developers stacks; compared to UXPin, which is listed in 17 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.