GoCD vs Strider: What are the differences?
GoCD and Strider can be categorized as "Continuous Integration" tools.
Some of the features offered by GoCD are:
- Model complex workflows with dependency management and parallel execution
- Easy to pass once-built binaries between stages
- Visibility into your end-to-end workflow. Track a change from commit to deploy at a glance
On the other hand, Strider provides the following key features:
- add hooks to perform arbitrary actions during build.
- modify the database schema to add custom fields.
- register their own HTTP routes.
"Open source" is the top reason why over 29 developers like GoCD, while over 5 developers mention "Free Open Source" as the leading cause for choosing Strider.
GoCD and Strider are both open source tools. It seems that GoCD with 5.07K GitHub stars and 796 forks on GitHub has more adoption than Strider with 4.33K GitHub stars and 435 GitHub forks.
According to the StackShare community, GoCD has a broader approval, being mentioned in 40 company stacks & 78 developers stacks; compared to Strider, which is listed in 3 company stacks and 13 developer stacks.