Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Gridsome vs Nuxt.js: What are the differences?
Gridsome: Build blazing fast websites for any CMS or data with Vue.js & GraphQL ⚡️💚. Build websites using latest web tech tools that developers love - Vue.js, GraphQL and Webpack. Get hot-reloading and all the power of Node.js. Gridsome makes building websites fun again; Nuxt.js: The Vue.js Framework. Nuxt.js presets all the configuration needed to make your development of a Vue.js application enjoyable You can use Nuxt.js for SSR, SPA, Static Generated, PWA and more..
Gridsome can be classified as a tool in the "Static Site Generators" category, while Nuxt.js is grouped under "Front-End Frameworks".
Gridsome is an open source tool with 3.77K GitHub stars and 189 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Gridsome's open source repository on GitHub.
Bitupper, Quero Education, and Compile Inc are some of the popular companies that use Nuxt.js, whereas Gridsome is used by Bazzite, CodeCarrot, and Digital Paper. Nuxt.js has a broader approval, being mentioned in 80 company stacks & 188 developers stacks; compared to Gridsome, which is listed in 4 company stacks and 13 developer stacks.
Pros of Gridsome
- Starter kit as a base for new project6
- Reusable components (Vue)5
- Open source4
- Allows to use markdown files as articles3
- Generated websites are super fast2
- Blogging website2
Pros of Nuxt.js
- Automatic routes46
- Hot code reloading27
- Easy setup, easy to use, great community, FRENCH TOUCH21
- Static Websites20
- Code splitting for every page19
- Custom layouts17
- Automatic transpilation and bundling (with webpack and14
- Modules ecosystem12
- Easy setup12
- Amazing Developer Experience10
- Vibrant and helpful community10
- Pages directory10
- Its Great for Team Development5
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of Gridsome
- Open source1
- Still young1