Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
HockeyApp vs Updraft: What are the differences?
What is HockeyApp? Manage your betas and collect live crash reports for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and OS X apps. HockeyApp is the best way to collect live crash reports, get feedback from your users, distribute your betas, and analyze your test coverage.
What is Updraft? App delivery has never been easier. It is a platform as a service for continuous mobile app delivery and beta testing. Easy distribute your iOS and Android beta apps to your product managers, testers or designers within your organization and get as early as possible feedback to your beta app. Remove bugs and improve your product to get the highest quality. Continuous enterprise mobile app delivery and bug reporting have never been easier!.
HockeyApp and Updraft can be primarily classified as "Beta Testing / Mobile App Distribution" tools.
Some of the features offered by HockeyApp are:
- Crash Reports- HockeyApp offers the most reliable and complete crash reporting for beta and App Store versions using open source frameworks. Providing full server-side symbolication with class names, methods, line numbers, and automatic grouping of similar crash reports.
- Feedback- HockeyApp allows you to communicate with your customers. Users can create a support request, post an idea, or discuss a problem right from within the app.
- Distribution- Upload your beta versions to HockeyApp and distribute them to your beta testers. Integrate our open-source SDK and your app will automatically be able to detect updates and offer the updates right within the app.Analytics- By integrating our SDK into your app, you'll get advanced metrics to get a better overview of the testing for your app. See which devices were tested, which testers used the app for how long, and which language was tested.
On the other hand, Updraft provides the following key features:
- Easy beta and enterprise app distribution
- Integrates seamlessly with Fastlane, Gradle and Teamcity
- Get updates right to your inbox or even via Slack
Pros of HockeyApp
- Crash analytics17
- Mobile application distribution5
- JIRA Integration2
- Open source2
- GitHub Integration1