Hubot vs Nestor: What are the differences?
What is Hubot? A customizable life embetterment robot. Hubot is a chat bot, modeled after GitHub's Campfire bot, hubot. He's pretty cool. He's extendable with old community scripts, or new community org and your own custom scripts, and can work on many different chat services.
What is Nestor? Hosted Hubot for Slack. Supercharge your team with Bot Powers in Seconds.
Hubot and Nestor can be primarily classified as "ChatOps" tools.
Some of the features offered by Hubot are:
- We ship Hubot with a small group of core scripts: things like posting images, translating languages, and integrating with Google Maps
- Open source, written in CoffeeScript on Node.js
On the other hand, Nestor provides the following key features:
- Heroku: Manage your Heroku apps with Nestor.
- Trello: Manage your Trello cards, boards and lists with Nestor.
- Github: Look at issues, merge branches and get Github stats with Nestor.
Hubot is an open source tool with 15.1K GitHub stars and 3.51K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Hubot's open source repository on GitHub.
What is Hubot?
What is Nestor?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Nestor?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Hubot?
What are the cons of using Nestor?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
We have our own special Hubot instance named kbot, that does everything from reminding us what to do, showing cat and corgi images, and notifying us of system errors.
Hubot does all our deploys, talking to capistrano. Also, it mustaches innocent bystanders occasionally.