HubPress vs Layers: What are the differences?
Developers describe HubPress as "A web application to build your blog on GitHub". HubPress is a free, open source tool to build your future awesome blog!. On the other hand, Layers is detailed as "A simple WordPress site builder". Layers is a WordPress Theme framework focused on extending the WordPress core functionality to include layout building through the WordPress Visual Customizer. A lightweight set of base options, widgets and theme templates provide a user-friendly, extensible tool for creating beautiful, WordPress-faithful websites.
HubPress and Layers can be primarily classified as "Self-Hosted Blogging / CMS" tools.
Some of the features offered by HubPress are:
- All you need is a free GitHub account, no server's rent, no subscription.
- Fork the hubpress.io repository, update the config file and it's done, your Blog is ready.
- We integrated Disqus, all you need to start conversations with your readers is a Disqus shortname.
On the other hand, Layers provides the following key features:
- Preset layouts allow you to get a head start without the intimidation of a big blank canvas
- Create robust, responsive designs that look incredible on mobile phones and tablets
- Integration with WooCommerce means you can start selling right out of the box
HubPress and Layers are both open source tools. It seems that HubPress with 2.85K GitHub stars and 3K forks on GitHub has more adoption than Layers with 10 GitHub stars and 7 GitHub forks.