HubPress vs Wagtail: What are the differences?
Developers describe HubPress as "A web application to build your blog on GitHub". HubPress is a free, open source tool to build your future awesome blog!. On the other hand, Wagtail is detailed as "A Django content management system focused on flexibility and user experience". Wagtail is a Django content management system built originally for the Royal College of Art and focused on flexibility and user experience.
HubPress and Wagtail can be primarily classified as "Self-Hosted Blogging / CMS" tools.
Some of the features offered by HubPress are:
- All you need is a free GitHub account, no server's rent, no subscription.
- Fork the hubpress.io repository, update the config file and it's done, your Blog is ready.
- We integrated Disqus, all you need to start conversations with your readers is a Disqus shortname.
On the other hand, Wagtail provides the following key features:
- A fast, attractive editor interface
- Complete control over design with standard Django templates
- Configure content types through standard Django models
HubPress and Wagtail are both open source tools. It seems that Wagtail with 7.45K GitHub stars and 1.62K forks on GitHub has more adoption than HubPress with 2.85K GitHub stars and 3K GitHub forks.
What is HubPress?
What is Wagtail?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose HubPress?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using HubPress?
What companies use HubPress?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Wagtail?
really good product