ImageBoss vs imgix: What are the differences?
What is ImageBoss? On-demand content aware image processing API. Content aware image resizing, cropping, compression, cache and globally deliver. All web development best practices, hassle free in one simple and powerful API.
What is imgix? Real-time image resizing service and CDN. imgix is a real-time image processing service and CDN. Resize, crop, and edit images simply by changing their URLs.
ImageBoss and imgix belong to "Image Processing and Management" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by ImageBoss are:
- Perfect Thumbnails - ImageBoss identifies the content of your image and, in case we need to crop it to accomodate your dimensions, we make sure that the soul of the image won't be lost on the process.
- Fast delivery, every time - Every time you generate a new image it gets copied to hundreds of servers across the world so your users can download your images at maximum speed.
- Fast image loading - ImageBoss uses the best algorithms available for image manipulation taking the all the juice we can get during calculations and image manipulations. Also, all your PNG and JPG images with progressive scans technology with the best compression techonology available.
On the other hand, imgix provides the following key features:
- Process Images - Resize, crop, and composite multiple images simply by changing their URLs.
- Optimize Images - Change output formats, device-pixel ratios, and chroma subsampling rates.
- Make Images Responsive - Easily integrate imgix into the latest HTML5 responsive image standards without reprocessing your entire image library.