Instrumental vs SignalFx: What are the differences?
What is Instrumental? Visualize any aspect of your application performance, measure production code in real-time, and share with your entire team. Instrumental is a real-time application and server monitoring platform. With over a million datapoints processed every second, we're one of the highest scale monitoring services.
What is SignalFx? Monitoring and Operational Intelligence for the Cloud. We provide operational intelligence for today’s elastic architectures through monitoring specifically designed for microservices and containers with: -powerful and proactive alerting -metrics aggregation -visualization into time series data.
Instrumental and SignalFx can be primarily classified as "Performance Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Instrumental are:
- Application monitoring - we accept any volume of arbitrary data, making it easy to set up graphs to measure the performance of your application in real time
- Server monitoring - Ruby apps can use our instrumental tools gem to monitor information like CPU statistics, memory usage, disk space, and all the other things you'll need to monitor your servers. Language support - Ruby is supported using a custom library, and all other languages are supported with our Statsd backend
- RESTful API - upon authentication, data is collected and returned in strict JSON format
On the other hand, SignalFx provides the following key features:
- Beautiful streaming visualizations
- Meaningful, fast alerting using SignalFlow analytics
- High resolution metrics up to 1 sec