Kubenav vs Lando: What are the differences?
What is Kubenav? An open source mobile app to manage Kubernetes cluster. It is the navigator for your Kubernetes clusters right in your pocket. It is a mobile and desktop app to help you manage Kubernetes clusters and stay up to date on whats going on in your clusters.
What is Lando? *An open source, local development environment and DevOps tool *. It's a free, open source, cross-platform, local development environment and DevOps tool built on Docker container technology and developed by Tandem. Designed to work with most major languages, frameworks and services, it provides an easy way for developers of all skill levels to specify simple or complex requirements for their projects, and then quickly get to work on them.
Kubenav and Lando belong to "Container Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Kubenav are:
- Available for mobile and desktop
- Manage workloads like Deployments, Pods and StatefulSets in your Kubernetes cluster
- Get an overview of other resources like Services, ConfigMaps, Persistent Volumes, Secrets and Role Bindings
On the other hand, Lando provides the following key features:
- Mimicking your production environment locally
- Integrating with hosting providers like Pantheon
- Running CI tests locally, running local tests in CI
Kubenav and Lando are both open source tools. It seems that Lando with 1.98K GitHub stars and 361 forks on GitHub has more adoption than Kubenav with 428 GitHub stars and 17 GitHub forks.