Moxtra vs OpenTok: What are the differences?
Developers describe Moxtra as "Integrate chat, voice meetings, screen sharing and recording, and multimedia annotation into your mobile app". Moxtra is the contextual communication + collaboration layer for your mobile and web applications|. Enhance user engagement by adding in-app communication+collaboration. Integrate chat, voice meetings, screen sharing and recording, and multimedia annotation. The Moxtra Cloud is mobile-first and is built to scale on demand to meet your growing needs. On the other hand, OpenTok is detailed as "Enhance your products with live, face-to-face communication". OpenTok adds the clarity and emotion of face-to-face communication to your brand whether you're developing for the web, iOS, or Android. We make the integration of high-quality live video a breeze so that you can focus on building a great product.
Moxtra and OpenTok can be primarily classified as "Communications SDK" tools.
Some of the features offered by Moxtra are:
- Chat - The Moxtra Chat module gives you access to a rich messaging service for one on one, group, or topic based conversations.
- Meet - With the Moxtra Meet module, your users can instantly start a full fledged meeting with screen sharing & audio conferencing while on the go.
- Clip - Enable your users to record voice-overs directly on your app screens or onto files stored in your app or your cloud with the Moxtra Clip Module.
On the other hand, OpenTok provides the following key features:
- Layout control- Create layouts that complement your content and empower your application's experience.
- Peer-to-peer calls- Take advantage of peer-to-peer calling for better quality and lower- latency 1:1 scenarios.
- Archiving- Download or save calls for future playback with this extension to the OpenTok platform.