NodePing vs StillAlive: What are the differences?
What is NodePing? Server monitoring service. It provides website and server availability monitoring. At its most basic, the service lets users enter a list of addresses of web site addresses or other Internet based services, and then checks to see if that site or service is responding properly.
What is StillAlive? A simple, easy to implement way to check that your website is up, and also that it's still working properly. Using our stories feature, you can test many different features of your live, production website. It could be you need to find out if logins are working. Whatever it is, StillAlive can (or will) be able to test it.
NodePing and StillAlive belong to "Website Monitoring" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by NodePing are:
- Check all of your sites and services
- One minute intervals
- Unlimited contacts and contact groups
On the other hand, StillAlive provides the following key features:
- Nothing to install- All you need to do is create a script that mimics the behaviour path you want to have us test.
- Make sure your site works as expected- StillAlive doesn't just ping your website to see if it is online. It mimics the actual behaviour of your users, viewing your site as your users would and navigating around doing real stuff. So don't just make sure your website is responding with a 200 OK, make sure your shopping cart works, or that users can log in.
- High Availability- StillAlive helps you make sure your application is online, 24x7.