What is StatusPage.io?
The #1 status and incident communication tool. Use Statuspage to build trust with every incident.
StatusPage.io is a tool in the Status Page Hosting category of a tech stack.
Who uses StatusPage.io?
203 companies reportedly use StatusPage.io in their tech stacks, including Shopify, Instacart, and Accenture.
117 developers on StackShare have stated that they use StatusPage.io.
Slack, New Relic, Datadog, Pingdom, and Rollbar are some of the popular tools that integrate with StatusPage.io. Here's a list of all 25 tools that integrate with StatusPage.io.
Pros of StatusPage.io
Easy downtime notifications
It's lovely out of the box
Automatically tweet updates
Jan 18 2018 at 7:43AM
Aug 28 2015 at 9:58AM
May 15 2015 at 3:43PM
- Incidents During Service Disruptions- Active incidents are prominently displayed at the top of your page for your visitors to see right when they arrive, and they can subscribe to further updates via email or SMS.
- Status For Individual Architecture Pieces- Modern systems are made up of many different functional pieces, and listing each piece separately helps you further communicate the status of your infrastructure. Each component can be listed as Operational, Degraded Performance, Partial Outage, or Major Outage.
- Scheduled Maintenance- proactively reach out to customers via Scheduled Maintenance to avoid the email rage while you're busy getting the servers back on their feet.
- Shared Components- If you're dependent on Heroku or GitHub, you're in luck. Simply add a Shared Component for each of those vendors, and we'll automatically update its status and when we detect that they are up, down, or in a degraded state.
- Historical Incidents- Prospective customers can look through your history of incidents and see how well you responded.
- Display Performance Metrics
- Sourced From Data Partners- import your system data from Pingdom, Librato, New Relic, Datadog, and TempoDB.
- Notify Your Users During Downtime- Notifications let you be proactive with your customers so that they're in the loop right away, and they can in turn communicate however they need to with the people that rely on them.
- Email, SMS, Webhooks, RSS and Atom- Notifications can be subcribed to via email, SMS, webhook, RSS, or JSON API endpoints
- Single Incidents Or The Whole Firehose- Your customers have the option to sign up for all notifications for all incidents, or they can selectively opt in to notifications after they've been created. You as the page owner get to control which streams are available (single, firehose, or both), as well as which mediums are available (email, sms, webhook...mix and match).
- Customize Your Page- Colors and Logos, Custom Domain Name, External Stylesheets, Privacy Features (hide your page from search and restrict which IP addresses have access)
- Designed for every device- iPhone, iPad laptop or full-size monitor
- RESTful API- Push updates to your status page or pull your current status into your static 400 and 500 level error pages. Our API lets you build status page into your workflow so you can make it work for you. The API gives you read/write access to your organization, incidents, components and subscribers.
- Auto-update via Pingdom
- Widgets for your error pages- With our JS widget, you can display your current status on StatusPage.io in any of your error pages. All you have to do is embed the JS snippet, create a placeholder, and we'll replace the contents of that with your StatusPage.io status with a link to your page.
- Automatically tweet updates
StatusPage.io Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to StatusPage.io?
See all alternatives
Our simple, yet feature packed, status pages provide the ultimate truth-of-source for your system's current status. Skip building a homegrown solution and keep focused on your passion. Our platform will save you tons of time.
Better Uptime is a radically better infrastructure monitoring platform that calls the right person on your team if anything goes wrong. Schedule on-call duties, receive helpful alerts, and collaborate on solving incidents faster than ever.
Cachet is an open source status page system written in PHP, using the Laravel framework.
Statusfy is a Status Page System, easy to use and completely Open Source. You can easily create a fast Static Generated System and easily deploy it to a variety of hosting services.
Monitor services and keep your audience informed of status changes with an automated hosted status page.