PayPal vs Spreedly: What are the differences?
PayPal: Send Money, Pay Online or Set Up a Merchant Account. PayPal is an online payments and money transfer service that allows you to send money via email, phone, text message or Skype. They offer products to both individuals and businesses alike, including online vendors, auction sites and corporate users. PayPal connects effortlessly to bank accounts and credit cards PayPal Mobile is one of PayPal’s newest products. It allows you to send payments by text message or by using PayPal’s mobile browser.; Spreedly: Spreedly scales payments. Spreedly targets developers who are working on services where scaling payments is critical to success. Vault Credit Cards away from the gateways. Work with one or more payment gateways at the time time or simultaneously.
PayPal and Spreedly belong to "Payment Services" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by PayPal are:
- 2.9% + $0.30 or less- With our flat, transparent pricing, you’ll never be surprised by hidden or variable fees. We also offer discounted rates when you sell a lot, or when you use our card reader.
- Keeping every seller secure- If you’re sent an unauthorized payment, or a buyer claims they never received an item, our Seller Protection covers you for the full amount of the eligible payment.
- Easy for them, easy for you- With just a few clicks, you can get paid by debit card, credit card, or a PayPal transfer. All someone needs to start buying from you is your e-mail address or mobile number.
On the other hand, Spreedly provides the following key features:
- Vault Credit Card Data- A gateway agnostic PCI compliant vault
- 47 Supported Gateways- Work with multiple gateways simultaneously or over time
- Simple, Straightforward API Integration- Spreedly was built by developers for developers. Our goal: to make things simple. You don't have to take our word for it - get started for free.
What is PayPal?
What is Spreedly?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Spreedly?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Spreedly?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Paypal comes with tons of old APIs, and new ones that are incomplete. There are bugs in the documentation, bug with their implementation. And their support department is completely clueless.
Frankly it is only good if you use its light mode: a direct payment with no recurring fees. So forget about it if you want to put in place things like Subscription mode, their are better players out there to do that.
PayPal is used as one of our payment-gateways included in our shop-solution. We only use PayPal for direct debits/charges from bank-accounts as we got Stripe for credit-card transactions.
Recognized by millions of customers as the most secure and reliable platform, we giving options to the customer on how they will subscribe.
Donations are processed through PayPal, mostly. So it's a pretty indespensable tool, as it's our main source of income.
We are using Braintree that is PayPal company for our payments on our website. No more redirects to PayPal :-)