Pingdom vs Uptime Robot: What are the differences?
Pingdom: Uptime and performance monitoring made easy. Pingdom is an uptime monitoring service. When problems happen with a site that Pingdom monitors, it immediately alerts the owner so the problem can be taken care of; Uptime Robot: Free website uptime monitor. Uptime Robot is all about helping you to keep your websites up. It monitors your websites every 5 minutes and alerts you if your sites are down.
Pingdom and Uptime Robot belong to "Website Monitoring" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Pingdom are:
- Uptime & Response time reports
- Multi-step transaction monitoring
- Email, text & twitter alerts
On the other hand, Uptime Robot provides the following key features:
- http(s): that's perfect for website monitoring. The service regularly sends requests (which are the same as if a visitor is browsing your website) to the URL and decides if it is up or down depending on the HTTP statuses returned from the website (200-success, 404-not found, etc.)
- ping: this is good for monitoring a server. Ping (ICMP) requests are sent and up/down status is decided according to the "if responses are received or not". Ping is not a good fit for monitoring websites as a website (its IP) can respond to ping requests while it is down (which means that the site is down but the server hosting the site is up)
- keyword: checks if a keyword exists or not exists in a web page
"Simple and reliable" is the top reason why over 224 developers like Pingdom, while over 12 developers mention "Free tier" as the leading cause for choosing Uptime Robot.
According to the StackShare community, Pingdom has a broader approval, being mentioned in 855 company stacks & 218 developers stacks; compared to Uptime Robot, which is listed in 61 company stacks and 22 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Pingdom?
What is UptimeRobot?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions