Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Postman vs Postwoman: What are the differences?
What is Postman? Only complete API development environment. It is the only complete API development environment, used by nearly five million developers and more than 100,000 companies worldwide.
What is Postwoman? API request builder - A free and fast alternative to Postman. It is a free, fast, and beautiful alternative to Postman It helps you create your requests faster, saving you precious time on your development..
Postman and Postwoman can be categorized as "API" tools.
Some of the features offered by Postman are:
- Compact layout
- HTTP requests with file upload support
- Formatted API responses for JSON and XML
On the other hand, Postwoman provides the following key features:
- Crafted with minimalistic UI design. Simple design is the best design.
- Faster, lighter, cleaner, minimal & responsive
- Send requests and get/copy responses in real-time
From a StackShare Community member: "I just started working for a start-up and we are in desperate need of better documentation for our API. Currently our API docs is in a README.md file. We are evaluating Postman and Swagger UI. Since there are many options and I was wondering what other StackSharers would recommend?"
I use Postman because of the ease of team-management, using workspaces and teams, runner, collections, environment variables, test-scripts (post execution), variable management (pre and post execution), folders (inside collections, for better management of APIs), newman, easy-ci-integration (and probably a few more things that I am not able to recall right now).
I recommend Postman because it's easy to use with history option. Also, it has very great features like runner, collections, test scripts runners, defining environment variables and simple exporting and importing data.
I use Swagger UI because it's an easy tool for end-consumers to visualize and test our APIs. It focuses on that ! And it's directly embedded and delivered with the APIs. Postman's built-in tools aren't bad, but their main focus isn't the documentation and also, they are hosted outside the project.
Postman supports automation and organization in a way that Insomnia just doesn't. Admittedly, Insomnia makes it slightly easy to query the data that you get back (in a very MongoDB-esque query language) but Postman sets you up to develop the code that you would use in development/testing right in the editor.
Pros of Postman
- Easy to use488
- Great tool368
- Makes developing rest api's easy peasy275
- Easy setup, looks good155
- The best api workflow out there143
- History feature53
- It's the best53
- Adds real value to my workflow44
- Great interface that magically predicts your needs42
- The best in class app34
- Can save and share script11
- Fully featured without looking cluttered9
- Option to run scrips7
- Global/Environment Variables7
- Dead simple and useful. Excellent6
- Shareable Collections6
- Dark theme easy on the eyes6
- Awesome customer support5
- Great integration with newman5
- The test script is useful4
- Easy as pie3
- Saves responses3
- Makes testing API's as easy as 1,2,33
- This has simplified my testing significantly3
- I'd recommend it to everyone who works with apis2
- Mocking API calls with predefined response2
- Easy to setup, test and provides test storage1
- Postman Runner CI Integration1
- Now supports GraphQL1
- Continuous integration using newman1
- Pre-request Script and Test attributes are invaluable1
- <a href="http://fixbit.com/">useful tool</a>0
Pros of Postwoman
- Brings some much needed gender balance8
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of Postman
- Bloated features and UI9
- Stores credentials in HTTP9
- Cumbersome to switch authentication tokens8
- Poor GraphQL support7
- Can't prompt for per-request variables3
- Not free after 5 users3
- Import curl1
- Import swagger1
- Support websocket1