Retrofit vs Runscope: What are the differences?
What is Retrofit? A type-safe HTTP client for Android and Java. Retrofit turns your HTTP API into a Java interface.
What is Runscope? API Performance Monitoring. Keep tabs on all aspects of your API's performance with uptime monitoring, integration testing, logging and real-time monitoring.
Retrofit and Runscope can be primarily classified as "API" tools.
Some of the features offered by Retrofit are:
- URL parameter replacement and query parameter support
- Object conversion to request body (e.g., JSON, protocol buffers)
- Multipart request body and file upload
On the other hand, Runscope provides the following key features:
- Runscope Radar: Automatically monitor your APIs from around the globe. Integrates with PagerDuty, New Relic Insights, Keen IO, HipChat, Slack and more. Test complete API workflows with powerful assertions and notifications.
- Runscope Metrics: API performance and usage reports.
- Runscope API Traffic Inspector: Log and view API calls from any language or framework to any API to solve integration problems.
Retrofit is an open source tool with 33K GitHub stars and 6.13K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Retrofit's open source repository on GitHub.
According to the StackShare community, Runscope has a broader approval, being mentioned in 38 company stacks & 7 developers stacks; compared to Retrofit, which is listed in 19 company stacks and 7 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Retrofit?
What is Runscope?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions