Stripe vs Zuora: What are the differences?
Stripe: Payments for developers. Stripe makes it easy for developers to accept credit cards on the web; Zuora: Billing, Commerce & Finance to Power your Subscription Business. Zuora gives you the enterprise-class, cloud-based tools you need to launch and scale any subscription service, quickly and affordably. Design your pricing and packaging, start taking quotes and placing orders, automate your billing and payments, and keep tabs on your financials.
Stripe and Zuora can be categorized as "Payment Services" tools.
Some of the features offered by Stripe are:
- Full-stack payments- You don’t need a merchant account or gateway. Stripe handles everything, including storing cards, subscriptions, and direct payouts to your bank account. Stripe.js lets you build your own payment forms while still avoiding PCI requirements.
- An API that gets out of your way- It’s so easy, we’ve embedded a bunch of examples right here. Copy some of these requests into your terminal and check out what happens. With wrappers in Ruby, PHP, Python and more, you can get started in minutes.
- Pricing like it should be- 2.9% + 30 cents per successful charge. No setup fees, no monthly fees, no card storage fees, no hidden costs: you only get charged when you earn money.
On the other hand, Zuora provides the following key features:
- Plan-Based Product Catalog
- Subscription Order Life Cycle
- Powerful Recurring Billing & Rating Engine