What is Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL?
Who uses Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL?
Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL Integrations
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL in their tech stack.
From a StackShare Community member: "We’re debating going with Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL or Amazon DynamoDB. Cost is our main concern but we’re also curious about other potential benefits/differences. Which one would you recommend and why?"
Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL's Features
- Monitoring and Metrics –Amazon RDS provides Amazon CloudWatch metrics for you DB Instance deployments at no additional charge.
- DB Event Notifications –Amazon RDS provides Amazon SNS notifications via email or SMS for your DB Instance deployments.
- Automatic Software Patching – Amazon RDS will make sure that the PostgreSQL software powering your deployment stays up-to-date with the latest patches.
- Automated Backups – Turned on by default, the automated backup feature of Amazon RDS enables point-in-time recovery for your DB Instance.
- DB Snapshots – DB Snapshots are user-initiated backups of your DB Instance.
- Pre-configured Parameters – Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL deployments are pre-configured with a sensible set of parameters and settings appropriate for the DB Instance class you have selected.
- Language Extensions :PL/Perl, PL/pgSQL, PL/Tcl
- Full Text Search Dictionaries
- Advanced Data Types : HStore, JSON
- Core PostgreSQL engine features