Why people like
Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL
Amazon RDS manages complex and time-consuming administrative tasks such as PostgreSQL software installation and upgrades, storage management, replication for high availability and back-ups for disaster recovery. With just a few clicks in the AWS Management Console, you can deploy a PostgreSQL database with automatically configured database parameters for optimal performance. Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL database instances can be provisioned with either standard storage or Provisioned IOPS storage. Once provisioned, you can scale from 10GB to 3TB of storage and from 1,000 IOPS to 30,000 IOPS.
Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL's
- Monitoring and Metrics –Amazon RDS provides Amazon CloudWatch metrics for you DB Instance deployments at no additional charge.
- DB Event Notifications –Amazon RDS provides Amazon SNS notifications via email or SMS for your DB Instance deployments.
- Automatic Software Patching – Amazon RDS will make sure that the PostgreSQL software powering your deployment stays up-to-date with the latest patches.
- Automated Backups – Turned on by default, the automated backup feature of Amazon RDS enables point-in-time recovery for your DB Instance.
- DB Snapshots – DB Snapshots are user-initiated backups of your DB Instance.
- Pre-configured Parameters – Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL deployments are pre-configured with a sensible set of parameters and settings appropriate for the DB Instance class you have selected.
- Language Extensions :PL/Perl, PL/pgSQL, PL/Tcl
- Full Text Search Dictionaries
- Advanced Data Types : HStore, JSON
- Core PostgreSQL engine features
tools that are known for: